8/15/2007

Louisiana Life












22"x 30" watercolor on 140 lb d'Arches paper. I painted
this several years ago when I had a studio in River Oaks
Art Center. I was painting more in watercolor at that time.
The painting is about Louisiana. It includes the
state flower, (magnolia) the state bird, (brown pelican)
and the state coffee (Community). I really don't
know if it is official but they adverise that they are
the state coffee. It is by far the most popular
coffee in Louisiana. I drink it every day.
SOLD

7 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Wow, a state coffee! I never heard of that before, but I like it. This is a lovely painting, coffee and all.

Anonymous said...

I love this watercolor. It has a feeling of comfort about it. I have it hanging in my home! I love you my mom--JKBBB

Edward B. Gordon said...

great painting !!!

wanda knight said...

Thank you Diana and Edward. Your compliments are greatly appreciated.

Anonymous - thank you for being a wonderful daughter

Todd Bonita said...

This is a triumph! Really well composed and beautifully painted. Sounds like it has a perfect home too.
All the best,
Todd

wanda knight said...

Todd, It is encourageing to receive favorable comments from other artist.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Mom-in-law, this has always been one of my favorite paintings that you have done. It truly represents our lives here in the "motherland" our great state of Louisana...You are truly a wonderful artist!!!

kjp